Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Focus Fun Patch

This the quilt that I made for my son Caleb's bed. I actually used this same pattern for my sister in law Melissa's son. It is so easy to make, and I love how it turned out. I found the red, white, blue, and baseball fabric at several different stores. I collected stacks and stacks of possible fabrics, but finally settled on my seven favorite.

After I finished putting the top together, I had it machine quilted by a woman in Price Utah. She did a great job, and continued the baseball theme by sewing bats, balls, and mitts into the background. I also have to give some credit to my mother in law, Vicki, she sewed the binding on for me. Binding a quilt is my least favorite thing to do, but I really need to make myself do it more often so I can get better at it.

Here's a shot of the finished project. I covered the crib bumpers with Yankee fabric several years ago for my first son, Carter. I continued on with the baseball and blue theme so I could use them again.