Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bottled Roosters



My friend Nicole inspired this quilt design. I was shopping at a fabric store and saw a pattern on how to make baby jar quilts. It consisted of small squares and triangles cut out of fruit and vegetable print fabric. When placed together it looked like small jars of baby food on a shelf. It was really cute, but I didn't want to buy the pattern. I went home and drew out a similar pattern and then brought it up to scale. At the time my friend had purchased her first home and had decorated with some cool funky rooster lamps. I put the two together, and came up with Bottled Roosters.

2 comments:

Freer Family said...

I still have this quilt in my family room! We LOVE it!!!! And I love that it was made special for me, such a treasure!!! I'm loving your quilt blog, seeing all of your designs. You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

I love it!